OneUp Trader is a prop trading firm located in the USA.
In this article, you’ll get a review of this prop firm, including analysis and instructions to get funded with an account from OneUp Trader.
Here’s what you’re going to learn:
- What Is OneUp Trader
- What Can You Trade With OneUp Trader?
- What Are The OneUp Trader Account Sizes?
- What Is The OneUp Trader Leverage?
- How Much Is The OneUp Trader Payout?
- OneUp Trader Reviews
- Evaluation Rules and Goals
- OneUp Trader EAs/Algos/Bots
- OneUp Trader Free Trial
- OneUp Trader Free Repeat
- OneUp Trader Platforms
- OneUp Trader Trading Hours
- OneUp Trader News Trading
- Is OneUp Trader Legit?
- OneUp Trader Alternatives
- Learn More
What Is OneUp Trader
OneUp Trader is a prop firm located in the USA.
What Can You Trade With OneUp Trader?
OneUp Trader is a prop firm that funds traders to trade Futures.
Here’s a list of all of the instruments that you can trade with OneUp Trader:
- Equity Futures
- Foreign Exchange Futures
- Agricultural Futures
- Energy Futures
- Interest Rate Futures
- Metals Futures
What Are The OneUp Trader Account Sizes?
OneUp Trader has five different account sizes that you can choose from.
The account balances vary between $25,000 and $250,000. The price for the evaluation is between $125/month for the smaller account and $650/month for the bigger one.
What Is The OneUp Trader Leverage?
There’s no leverage, the trading account balance is the buying power, meaning that the leverage is 1:1.
Your limits are defined by the maximum number of contracts that you can trade. It starts at 3 contracts for the $25,000 account and goes up to 25 contracts for the $250,000 account.
How Much Is The OneUp Trader Payout?
OneUp Trader shares the profits with the trader starting at a 100% profit split for the first $10,000 in profits. After that, the profit split adjusts to 90/10. You get 90% of all the profits that you make and the prop firm keeps 10% for them.
OneUp Trader Reviews
According to Trustpilot, OneUp Trader is classified as excellent. It’s scoring 4.7/5.0 after 400+ reviews of the prop firm.
Evaluation Rules and Goals
There’s only one type of challenge.
Here’s a resume of the requirements to pass the evaluation process:
- Minimum days to trade: 15 days trading days (holidays and weekends not included).
- Challenge duration: There’s no maximum time to trade, you can take the time that you want.
- Profit target: 6%
- Trailing Drawdown: Starts at 6% for the smaller account and reduces to 2.2% for the bigger account.
- Daily Loss Limit: No limit.
Here’s a table with a resume of the rules for accounts:
|Balance||Contracts||Profit goal||Trailing Drawdown|
Important to mention that this prop firm’s evaluation has one single step, unlike other firms that typically have two steps.
OneUp Trader EAs/Algos/Bots
OneUpTrader doesn’t mention anything against the use of Algos or Bots to trade.
However, it does explicitly refer that some kinds of strategies (which are usually done by robots) are not allowed including:
- Micro scalping
- High-Frequency trading
- Latency arbitrage
- Tick scalping
OneUp Trader Free Trial
Currently, the prop firm offers a 7-day free trial period to traders.
OneUp Trader Free Repeat
There are no free repeats, but there’s a reset option in case you breach any rule.
OneUp Trader Coupon / Promo Code / Discount
The link below will give you a 20% discount on your purchase if you’re a new client. If you already entered their website before, please clean your cookies before using the link or it won’t work.
OneUp Trader Platforms
All accounts come with free real-time data and a free NinjaTrader license key.
Besides that, OneUp Trader supports the most popular futures trading platforms:
- Ninjatrader – Free During Evaluation and Funded
- R | Trader – Free During Evaluation and Funded
- R | Trader Pro – Free During Evaluation and Funded
- Agena Trader
- Inside Edge Trader
- R Investor
- Motive Wave
- QST- Quick Screen Trading
- Track’n Trade
- Trade Navigator
- Jigsaw Trading
- ATAS Order Flow Trading
- Sierra Chart
OneUp Trader Trading Hours
Holding trades after the close of the day is not permitted. All positions must be closed before 3:15 PM CT, or earlier if the market close of that product is before that time.
Leaving positions open for the weekend is also not allowed.
OneUp Trader News Trading
You can’t have any position open during news, starting one minute before and ending one minute after the news release. Only some high-impact news applies to this rule though, and only news related to the symbol that you are trading.
However, if you like to trade news, then this is a good prop firm for you. You only trade at least 1 minute after the news, right?
You just need to be careful and have good risk management. Learn how to calculate your maximum lot size wisely.
Is OneUp Trader Legit?
Yes, OneUp Trader is a legit company.
Here are their contacts:
- Address: 1007 N. Orange St. 4th Floor, Wilmington, Delaware 19801, USA
- Phone: +1 302-231-0217
- Email: email@example.com
There’s also live chat support on their website.
OneUp Trader Alternatives
Here is a list of the best OneUp Trader alternatives:
- OneUp Trader is a prop trading firm based in the USA.
- You can get a funded account with up to $250,000 in balance and a 90% profit split payout after an initial 100% profit split during the first $10,000 profits.
- To get access to a funded account you need to pass an evaluation, with different rules depending on the account size that you want to apply to.
- You can trade Futures.
- The most popular Futures platforms are available to trade including NinjaTrader.