SurgeTrader is a prop trading firm based in the USA.
In this article, you’ll get a review of this prop firm, including analysis and instructions to get funded with an account from SurgeTrader.
Here’s what you’re going to learn:
- What Is SurgeTrader And What Does It Offer
- SurgeTrader Reviews
- SurgeTrader Audition Rules
- SurgeTrader Free Repeat
- SurgeTrader Platforms
- SurgeTrader Trading Hours
- SurgeTrader News Trading
- Is SurgeTrader Legit?
- Learn More
What Is SurgeTrader And What Does It Offer
SurgeTrader is a prop firm located in Naples, Florida, USA. It was founded recently, in 2021.
What can you trade with SurgeTrader?
SurgeTrader is a prop firm that funds traders to trade Forex and other CFDs trading assets.
Here’s a list of all of them:
- Forex: All major, minor, and even exotic pairs are there if you are a Forex trader.
- Indices: Traded as CFDs, you have all the important indices available to trade including Dax, Nasdaq, Dow Jones, S&P500, FTSE, and others.
- Commodities: Crude and Brent Oil.
- Metals: Silver, Gold, and Platinum
- Stocks: There’s a vast collection of stocks to trade. SurgeTrader announces about 250 but I counted 646 between stocks and ETFs, in the list provided by them.
- Crypto: All the major cryptos are available, I counted at least 52.
What are the SurgeTrader account sizes?
SurgeTrader funds traders with account balances quite big when compared to other prop firms. The account sizes go from $25,000 up to $1,000,000.
To get access to a funded account you need to pass an audition. The price of the audition is different according to the account size that you are applying to.
For the smaller funded account, the audition price is $250. This price increases as the account balance increases too and gets up to $6,500 when applying for an audition to trade the $1 million account.
What is the SurgeTrader leverage?
Here is where things get a bit tricky.
Although the account balances are big when compared to other prop firms, the leverage provided is quite small, so the buying power is not as big as it may seem at first sight.
The leverage will depend though on the symbol that you are trading. Here’s a full list with the Surgetrader leverage:
- Forex pairs: 1:10 (can be increased to 1:20 as an add-on purchase)
- Metals: 1:10 (can be increased to 1:20 as an add-on purchase)
- Indices: 1:10
- Commodities: 1:10
- Crypto: 1:2
- Stocks: 1:5
How much is the SurgeTrader payout?
The SurgeTrader payout is a 75%-25% profit split. The trader gets 75% and the prop firm keeps 25%. Surgetrader states that this payout can be increased up to 90% with add-on purchases.
According to Trustpilot, SurgeTrader has a great classification. It’s scoring 4.2/5.0.
The only thing is that the number of reviews is small, which is understandable since the prop firm is quite recent.
SurgeTrader Audition Rules
The Audition is the process that you need to pass in order to get a funded account from SurgeTrader.
Unlike other prop firms, SurgeTrader has a potential fast audition process:
- No minimum trading days
- No maximum period to complete the audition
- No minimum number of trades
You just have one target and two rules.
Target: Get a 10% profit
Daily loss rule: Never lose more than 4% on any given day
Max trailing drawdown: Maintain a trailing drawdown smaller than 5%
SurgeTrader Free Repeat
Unfortunately, SurgeTrader doesn’t provide a free repeat for traders that want to try the Audition again.
However, if you open your account using the link below, you get a 20% discount on every repeat. Don’t forget to delete your cookies if you already visited the SurgeTrader website.
SurgeTrader gives you access to the most popular trading platforms used by Forex brokers.
You can use:
- MetaTrader 4
- MetaTrader 5
When you use MT5, the selection of stocks available to trade is considerably bigger.
SurgeTrader Trading Hours
There’s no requirement to close trades overnight during the week.
You only need to close your trades before the weekends. All trades must be closed by 3:55 PM EST on Friday. If you don’t, the system will automatically liquidate them before the markets close for the weekend.
SurgeTrader News Trading
There is no problem in trading news or holding trades during news releases.
But there’s always an exception…
And here the exception is for stock trading when there are stock earnings releases. You are required to close your stock position if your stock is going to release earnings. Positions must be closed by 3:50 PM Eastern Time on the day of the release so you must be careful with the stock market closing time.
I also want to clarify that this applies only to the single stock that is having earning releases. Any other stocks that you hold are not affected by this.
Is SurgeTrader Legit?
Yes, SurgeTrader is a legit company.
Here are the contacts to reach them:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone (toll-free): 866-998-0883
- Phone (direct): 239-944-5317
- Address: 405 5th Ave South Naples, Florida 34102, US
- SurgeTrader is a prop trading firm based in Florida, USA.
- You can get a funded account with up to $1 million in balance and up to 90% profit split payout.
- To get access to a funded account you need to pass one single challenge called Audition.
- The Audition doesn’t have any time limit or maximum time to be done.
- You can trade Forex, Indices, Metals, Commodities, Crypto, and even Stocks with SurgeTrader.
- The popular MT4 and MT5 platforms are available to trade.